Pediatric Dentist in Pinole, CA
All of the professionals at Dr. Sabbadini's office maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in dentistry.
Gary D. Sabbadini, D.D.S.
Dr. Sabbadini (or “Dr. Gary” as the children call him) graduated from UC Berkeley in 1992 with a degree in English and received his dental degree in 1995 from the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry (now the Dugoni School of Dentistry) where he earned the American Society of Dentistry for Children award for excellence in pediatric dentistry. Dr. Sabbadini completed a two year specialty training program in pediatric dentistry at Children’s Hospital in Cincinnati, OH where he served as Chief Resident his second year. Prior to beginning this practice in 1999, Dr. Sabbadini practiced in San Diego for two years.
Dr. Sabbadini holds an oral conscious sedation permit wiith a certification in PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) and has been practicing interceptive and comprehensive orthodontics since 2004. While most of his patients can be safely treated with the classic Tell-Show-Do method and nitrous oxide/oxygen (laughing gas), he also offers oral conscious sedation and in office IV sedation with Dr. Tom Lenhart, a dental anesthesiologist at Bay Area Anesthesia www.BayAreaAnesthesia.com.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Fellow of the International College of Dentists
- Fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Associate Professor in the Pediatric Department of the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry
- Current Treasurer for the California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Current Reviewer for the Journal of the California Dental Association
- Past Editor for the California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Past Board Director for the California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Past President of the Pacific Pediatric Dental Study Club
- Past Board Director for the Contra Costa County Dental Society
- Guest Editor for the August, 2013 Journal of the California Dental Association: "Pediatric Dentistry Update" which received the 2014 "Maggie Award" from the Western Publishing Association and the 2014 "Golden Pen Award" from the International College of Dentists
- Published a "Review of Pediatric Radiology" in the August, 2013 Journal of the California Dental Association
- Published "Silver Diamine Fluoride: A Clinical Perspective from a Pediatric Dentist" in the February, 2018 Journal of the California Dental Association
Dr. Sabbadini is a member of the following:
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Contra Costa County Dental Society
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- International Association of Orthodontics
- Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
Dr. Sabbadini and his wife, Julie, have three children (Amy, Olivia, and Jason). He enjoys travelling with his family, reading, weight lifting, white water rafting, skiing, hiking, spin biking, attending music concerts and is especially passionate about Cal football and basketball.
Heather, R.D.A. (Registered Dental Assistant)
I am an East Bay native and have lived in El Cerrito all my life. I received my RDA (Registered Dental Assistant) degree from Contra Costa College in 1991. I have been working with Dr. Sabbadini since 2000 and I must say I love it. Every day is full of surprises! I enjoy working with children and being able to help them view dentistry in a positive light. When I'm not working, I enjoy gardening, travel, shopping, working out, and spending time with family and friends. I am also a certified scuba diver and would love to be able to swim with a sea otter someday!
I received my Registered Dental Assistant license in 2018. I’ve always known I wanted to work with children just didn’t know exactly in what aspect. It brings me so much joy that even when I thought I was going down a different path, I still ended up right where I’ve always wanted to be. My daily goal is to give children a positive dental experience that will carry on into adulthood.
I have two little wild boys of my own, who regularly keep me on my toes. In my free time, I enjoy outings with family & friends whether it’s at the beach or a park. I also enjoy being active in my church however they need me. Reading & doing puzzles are calming activities that I absolutely love when it’s quite enough.
I look forward to sharing laughs which your family while also sharing & encouraging healthy oral habits.
I was born and raised in Richmond and have been working in the dental field for the past 20 years. I’ve enjoyed seeing familiar faces and smiles come into our office since 2019. I spend my free time with my four children and grandson taking walks and other family activities. I look forward to meeting you and your children.
Since I was little, I’ve always loved going to the dentist so I knew I wanted a dental career. I have a daughter of my own and many nieces and nephews so dealing with kids is very natural for me. I’ve been a dental assistant for 5 years now and working with children and their family is something I truly enjoy. In my free time, I enjoy river rafting, drawing, hiking, and taking trips to new places.