COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
OUR OFFICE IS OPEN!!
While many things have changed, we remain committed to providing your child with the best possible care. We are closely following guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), American Dental Association, the California Department of Public health, and Contra Costa County in order to keep you, your families, and our staff safe. We have have some changes to our office protocols to keep everyone safe. We have always held ourselves to an extremely high standard when it comes to infection control and standard precuations, and now we will be increasing our measures. Here are some of the changes:
- When you arrive, we ask that you wait in your vehicle and call or text us at 510-724-4400 and we will call or text you as soon as we are ready for your child’s appointment.
- Please have your child/children brush their teeth before the appointment as we will no longer have a brushing station.
- We are staggering appointment times and reducing the number of patients per day to minimize traffic in the office.
- We will be screening everyone for COVID-19 symptoms, including you, your child, and our staff, prior to your arrival and entrance into the office.
- We will take the temperature of your child prior to being seated in the dental chair.
- Masks are required for any person entering the office.
- It is preferable that only your child come in for their procedure; however, if your child is very young or anxious and needs a parent present, we will allow one parent. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate any additional individuals into the office (including a second parent, siblings, etc.)
- We will ask your child to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering the office.
- We have installed barrier guards to separate you from our front office staff.
- Checking out will either be done remotely by phone or through the barrier with our staff with no contact.
- We will be using new PPE, including N95 or surgical masks, gowns, face shields, and eye protection.
- We have temporarily removed all magazines, toys, and other items from the office to prevent cross-contamination.
- As always, our instruments are sterilized after each use or discarded if disposable.
- The disinfectant we use is EPA-regulated and kills, viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens in 1 minute.
We look forward to seeing you!!!