Pediatric Dentist in Pinole, CA
All of the professionals at Dr. Sabbadini's office maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in dentistry.
Gary D. Sabbadini, D.D.S.
Dr. Sabbadini (or “Dr. Gary” as the children call him) graduated from UC Berkeley in 1992 with a degree in English and received his dental degree in 1995 from the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry (now the Dugoni School of Dentistry) where he earned the American Society of Dentistry for Children award for excellence in pediatric dentistry. Dr. Sabbadini completed a two year specialty training program in pediatric dentistry at Children’s Hospital in Cincinnati, OH where he served as Chief Resident his second year. Prior to beginning this practice in 1999, Dr. Sabbadini practiced in San Diego for two years.
Dr. Sabbadini holds an oral conscious sedation permit and has been practicing interceptive and comprehensive orthodontics since 2004. While most of his patients can be safely treated with the classic Tell-Show-Do method and nitrous oxide/oxygen (laughing gas), he also offers oral conscious sedation and in office IV sedation with Dr. Tom Lenhart, a dental anesthesiologist at Bay Area Anesthesia www.BayAreaAnesthesia.com.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Fellow of the International College of Dentists
- Fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Associate Professor in the Pediatric Department of the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry
- Current Chair of the Constitution & Bylaws Committee for the California Society of Pediatric dentistry
- Current Reviewer for the Journal of the California Dental Association
- Former Editor for the California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Past Board Director for the California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Past President of the Pacific Pediatric Dental Study Club
- Past Board Director for the Contra Costa County Dental Society
- Guest Editor for the August, 2013 Journal of the California Dental Association: "Pediatric Dentistry Update" which received the 2014 "Maggie Award" from the Western Publishing Association and the 2014 "Golden Pen Award" from the International College of Dentists
- Published a "Review of Pediatric Radiology" in the August, 2013 Journal of the California Dental Association
- Published "Silver Diamine Fluoride: A Clinical Perspective from a Pediatric Dentist" in the February, 2018 Journal of the California Dental Association
Dr. Sabbadini is a member of the following:
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Contra Costa County Dental Society
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- International Association of Orthodontics
- Pierre Fauchard Academy
Dr. Sabbadini and his wife, Julie, have three children (Amy, Olivia, and Jason). He enjoys travelling with his family, reading, running, weightlifting, white water rafting, skiing, basketball, P90X and is especially passionate about Cal football and basketball.
Claudia (Front Desk)
I was born and raised in the Bay Area and am bilingual in English and Spanish. I am married with three wonderful children. In 2001, I received my education from the Mt. Diablo Adult Education Dental Assisting program. Although I have worked in dentistry for the past 12 years, pediatric dentistry is new to me and I love learning new things. Since I began working for Dr. Sabbadini in 2012, I have become a better parent. I am a girly girl and love making people feel beautiful. My interests are makeup, hair, and shopping. My favorite thing to do is spend time watching football with my family.
Kelly (Front Desk)
I spent most of my life in the beautiful Napa Valley. My husband and I recently purchased a home in Rodeo to be near my son and his wife with whom I love spending time. I am excited about being a part of a team that loves kids and pediatric dentistry. In my spare time, I look forward to camping and traveling in our motor home. A cruise here and there also fits my style. I am so thankful for the many blessings in my life!
Heather, R.D.A. (Registered Dental Assistant)
I am an East Bay native and have lived in El Cerrito all my life. I received my RDA (Registered Dental Assistant) degree from Contra Costa College in 1991. I have been working with Dr. Sabbadini since 2000 and I must say I love it. Every day is full of surprises! I enjoy working with children and being able to help them view dentistry in a positive light. When I'm not working, I enjoy gardening, travel, shopping, and spending time with family and friends. I am also a certified scuba diver and would love to be able to swim with a sea otter someday!
Halley, R.D.A. (Registered Dental Assistant)
I graduated from Dental Assisting school in 2013 and have lived in the Bay Area for most of my life. I really love it here especially with the opportunity to watch sports teams like the Giants and Warriors! In my free time, I enjoy working out, walking my two dogs, outdoor activities, shopping, and spending time with family and friends! I always knew I wanted to work with children and then I fell in love with pediatric dentistry when I became a Registered Dental Assistant. Every day, I look forward to coming to work to educate our youth on oral hygiene and brighten their smiles. I love change and excitement so pediatric dentistry fits me well!