American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry: http://www.mychildrensteeth.org
American Board of Pediatric Dentistry: http://www.abpd.org
American Dental Association Desktop Site: http://www.mouthhealthy.org
American Dental Association Mobile Site: http://www.mouthhealthy.org/en/?device=Mobile
American Academyof Pediatrics: http://www2.aap.org/oralhealth/SOPDOH.html
There are many methods for relieving oral pain. They include:
- Ice packs on the affected area.
- Avoiding hard candy or ice.
- Avoiding sleeping on your stomach.
Dentists use a wide array of pain management tools, including:
- Anesthetics such as Novocaine.
- Analgesics such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Sedatives, including a procedure known as "conscious sedation" or general sedation (also known as "deep sedation").